JOB TITLE: Production Associate – Assembly
DEPARTMENT: Tables / Cabinets
REPORTS TO: Team Lead
EFFECTIVE DATE: November 4, 2019
SUMMARY: performing manual labor in a production line; and assembling parts for furniture and/or cabinetry components
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works as part of a production team to assemble cabinets.
- Unpacks cardboard boxes.
- Sorts and places material or items on tables, racks or bins.
- Assembles parts manually.
- Uses plastic scraper, small drill / screw gun, clamping devices, and glue apparatus.
- Uses measuring equipment to qualify assembled parts.
- Cleans assembled parts and places in protective bags or boxes.
- Packages assembled parts into cardboard boxes.
- Removes extraneous plastic material from molded parts.
- Packs, seals and moves boxes.
- Picks up, moves and sorts small parts.
- Uses small tools and jigs to manipulate parts for assembly
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Must be friendly, courteous, service-oriented, and flexible and enjoy working with a variety of staff.
- Must be detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision; work well under pressure; able to manage multiple projects.
- Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Continually required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
- Continually work near loud noises
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.